[etherlab-users] new beckhoff xml has DWORD variables

Richard Hacker (MSc Eng) ha at igh-essen.com
Wed Jun 10 14:19:29 CEST 2009

Hi Julian,

On Friday 05 June 2009 13:46, Julian Stoev wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have trouble to make my encoder EL5101 work with etherlab-rc5. A
> colleague of mine tests it with LabView and it works. We concluded
> that the only difference is that he downloaded last XML files.
>
> I found a _huge_ difference in the file size of EL5101 xml between the
> version in rc5 and the last available.
> I downloaded the last available files and started the setup.m file in
> the xml directory. I hope this is the right thing to do. (???)
Yes, you can do that. Does it work now?

> I got a message that there is unrecognised DWORD in the EL5101 xml file.
> I changed the XMLparsePDOEntry file and included the DWORD same as
> UINT32. Hope this is the right thing. (???)
Yep, that is right too. I fact I found the problem with the unrecognised DWORD
myself already.

> It now parses all the XML files
> I attach the file modified m file for your reference.

The -rc6 version uses the new xml file and has the bug with the DWORD fixed.

Richard

Richard Hacker
Ingenieurgemeinschaft IgH
Gesellschaft für Ingenieurleistungen mbH
Heinz-Baecker-Str. 34
D-45356 Essen
Tel.: +49 201 / 360-14-16
Fax.: +49 201 / 360-14-14