[etherlab-users] Etherlab on ARM SoC and 2.6.29

Stefan Agner stefan.agner at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 31 10:07:40 CEST 2009

Hello,

We want to use Etherlab Master on Technologic System's TS-7800 a ARM based SoC solution. We currently working with the latest kernel 2.6.29 and would like to run Etherlab's EtherCAT master on it. Sadly, the on-board ethernet-device isn't a supported Realtek or Intel chipset, its a Marvell MV-643xx which is supported by Linux (drivers/net/mv643xx_eth.c). I just started with kernel development but I think we can bring this network chip to work with etherlab's master. Therefore I already looked in the documentation and found the hints how to patching network drivers. The documentation by the way is really a positiv exaple of a useful and good structured documentation! Good work!

I want to ask if there is a more recent development version available than the latest from february, which I can use for 2.6.29 kernels (or port myself to 2.6.29)? Are there any experiences with ARM SoC's and this EtherCAT master?

Thanks,
Stefan