[etherlab-users] delays in the etherlab I/O blocks?

Florian Pose fp at igh-essen.com
Mon Oct 19 11:36:38 CEST 2009

Hi,

On Mon, Oct 05, 2009 at 05:40:16PM +0200, Julian Stoev / Юлиан Стоев wrote:
> The above makes us suspect that the etherlab blocks have internal
> delays associated with them and they depend on the sampling rate.
> While the source code is available and we could find this in the code,
> this will take time and we would like to ask if other users and
> developers can confirm this.

I think the phase delay originates from the way, the EtherCAT bus is
operated. After setting your outputs, the outputs are sent to the
slaves, while the current slave inputs are queried at the same time(!).
That means, that the response to your outputs is received at minimum one
cycle later, that's why it depends on the IO cycle time.

Florian Pose

http://etherlab.org