[etherlab-users] ethercat command-line tool

Florian Pose fp at igh-essen.com
Tue Dec 7 13:18:59 CET 2010

Hello,

On Thu, Dec 02, 2010 at 03:46:36PM +0100, Kim H. Madsen wrote:
> Why can’t I set a simple digital output with the following commands?
>

> ethercat states -p 0 OP
>
> ethercat reg_write -p 0 --type uint32 0xf00 0xffffffff

most likely because the slave's watchdog will switch the outputs off
again, if you do not retransmit them after at worst 50 ms.

Using really simple output slaves, even the first command should not be
necessary.

But you should really consider writing a cyclic application.

Florian Pose

http://etherlab.org