[etherlab-users] Generic slave (unknown device) configuration

Mladen Knezic mladen_knezic at etfbl.net
Wed Feb 10 19:35:55 CET 2010

Hi Matt and thank you for reply,

I've read this post earlier and now again. First of all, the method that
Florian proposed doesn't work in Simulink Generic Device block:

> Generally its enough to copy the XML file in the same directory as you
> model and just give the filename (in single quotes) to the generic slave
> block.

I've tried that. :)

Second, I've tried your method, but Matlab issues some error messages
reffered to xml_parse function and the EtherCATInfo object cannot be created.

I'm using Matlab R2008b. I've tried both with Beckhoff's eval9800-V420.xml
and 'ethercat xml -p 0 >> EtherCATInfo.xml' command (the latest generates two
warnnings about some 'bit length is missing'). I've used Beckhoff's xml file
with TwinCAT and it works fine, going to all states including OP.

What I'm doing wrong? Is it the xml file that I'm using wrong or something
else?

Mladen Knezic
Teaching Assistant
Faculty of Electrical Engineering