[etherlab-users] Kernel question

Florian Pose florian at keenkiwi.de
Tue Feb 16 15:52:27 CET 2010

Hi,

On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 05:53:57PM +0100, John Erlandsson wrote:
> *THE QUESTION:* Should I somehow install kernel 2.6.24 on my system,
> or try using the 1.5 master with kernel 2.6.29?

Are you planning to use the EtherCAT master only, of also the
MATLAB/Simulink components "EtherLab"? In the first case, you should use
the development branch and you can moreover keep your 2.6.31 kernel and
try the generic Ethernet driver (if your application is in user space).
If you're wanting to use EtherLab, then you can also use the 1.5 driver
with EtherLab 1.3, but you'll have to chose a kernel version, where the
e1000 is supported.

Florian Pose

http://etherlab.org