[etherlab-users] Creating Simulink Blocks

Florian Pose fp at igh-essen.com
Mon Jan 25 10:54:38 CET 2010

Hi Matt,

the solution you found is the one I would have recommended. Just a
comment:

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 06:17:57PM -0800, Matt Jackson wrote:
> The method I used to integrate the FB1111-0142 Piggy Back Controller is
> as follows:
>
> (1) Pull configuration from slave at position 5
> 'ethercat xml -p 5 >> FB1111_EtherCATInfo.xml'
>
> (2) Use the generic slave block from the EtherLab Simulink Blockset
>
> (3) Convert the xml file to matlab object and save it to the workspace
> >> FB1111_EtherCATInfo = EtherCATInfo(/some/path/FB1111_EtherCATInfo.xml);
> >> save FB1111_EtherCATInfo

Generally its enough to copy the XML file in the same directory as you
model and just give the filename (in single quotes) to the generic slave
block.

> As a follow on, are there any known limitations to this technique?
> Obviously you're at the mercy of the factory configuration.

You can easily edit the created XML to add PDOs and PDO entries.
Moreover you can use the SDO configuration field in the generic slave
block's mask to add arbitrary SDO configurations, that are downloaded to
the slave at configuration time.

Florian Pose

http://etherlab.org