[etherlab-users] WG: possible master problems

Florian Pose fp at igh-essen.com
Wed Mar 10 17:39:06 CET 2010

Hi,

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 02:52:24PM -0000, Ian Norton wrote:
> Still not working, but different response now. I only get a "n17"
> error on the S300 display, where I used to get a "f23" error as well
> which turned of power.
>
> attached are usuall files as well as sii_read.

we're getting very close now.

The reason, why the slave won't go to OP is indeed, that the PDO sync
managers (2 and 3) can't be configured because of the missing sync
manager addresses in the SII. The sync manager category in the SII is
mandatory and the slave does not conform to the standard if it is
missing. The slave will moreover *not* pass the EtherCAT conformance
test tool. You should tell the vendor about it, you can send them the
link from my last posting.

The FAQ entry I'm referencing via the link tells you, how you can add
the missing data by yourself.

Florian Pose

http://etherlab.org