[etherlab-users] RTW Output Assertion

Florian Pose fp at igh-essen.com
Wed May 5 15:29:08 CEST 2010

On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 06:00:33PM -0700, Matt Jackson wrote:
> Richard,
>
> Thanks for replying. I suspect this is more of a RTW question than a
> Pdcom question.
>
> We actually are trying to bring up the output devices from Pdcom. We
> currently have a functioning Pdcom test application based off the
> example code provided. We haven't attempted a Variable::setValue() call
> because the EtherCAT slaves don't have any output variables exposed.
> That is, Process::findVariable() doesn't return any output variables.

I'm not sure, if I understood you right: Are you wanting to export the
signals, that go into (EtherCAT-) output blocks?

RTW exports block outputs as signals. So one solution would be to select
the signals of the block outputs, that drive the (EtherCAT) output blocks.

Another way would be to place a dummy block (for example 'Vector
Concantenate') right in front of the output blocks and give them
speaking names.

> We're using an IgH Starter Kit composed of EL1014/EL3102 input slaves
> and EL2004/EL4132 output slaves. We're implementing the RTW example
> design (example.mdl) which has the slave inputs connected to terminator
> blocks and the slave outputs connected to function generators (pulse and
> sine wave respectively).
>
> What we would like to do is transfer the output slave stimuli to an
> external application via the pdcom interface. However, all attempts to
> provide different sources for the output devices (i.e. constant, input,
> workspace, etc.) have been unsuccessful. We had expected to see
> variables associated with the individual output channels similar to how
> the input channels are presented. Is there an API call we're missing
> perhaps?

A constant does not necessarily generate a signal. Please put a block
behind it (see above), then it will work.

Florian Pose

http://etherlab.org