[etherlab-users] Enable / Disable Watchdog

Florian Pose fp at igh-essen.com
Wed May 12 12:57:33 CEST 2010

Hello,

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 08:19:45AM +0200, Joerg Mohre wrote:
> has anyone tried to enable / disable SyncManager Watchdog on slaves.
> I am not able to toggle SM Watchdog.

I had to configure watchdog settings on a few SEW drives half a year
ago, which worked fine.

> On my own slave Watchdog is disabled and it is not possible to enable it.
> I checked the SM registers and Watchdog flag is set.
> Watchdog registers should be valid, too.

The only registers I know, that are needed to change the WD behavior are
0x400, 0x420 and 0x80x (WD bits in SM configurations). If these places
contain the correct values, I don't know any reasons why it shouldn't
work.

> I did the cross-check with TwinCAT and it works.

Does TwinCAT do anything else when configuring the slave?

> I tried a Beckhoff terminal,  too. With this one it was not possible to
> disable the watchdog.

I always depends on the slave if it is possible to enable/disable the
WDs.

Florian Pose

http://etherlab.org