[etherlab-users] Beckhoff 4102 ecrt_slave_config_dc

james.rowland at diamond.ac.uk james.rowland at diamond.ac.uk
Thu Nov 4 17:02:19 CET 2010

Hi

I found more documentation in the EtherCAT Knowledge Base in the
members' area of ethercat.org:

The second parameter of ecrt_slave_config_dc is written to register
0x0980

The bits are:

0x0981.0 Activate Cyclic Operation
0x0981.1 Activate SYNC0
0x0981.2 Activate SYNC1

So the magic number 0x0700 written to 0x980 means cyclic + sync0 +
sync1, 0x0100 would mean cyclic operation but don't generate sync
signals?

There is a DC tab in TwinCAT but that doesn't seem to do anything. I've
tried to capture the
startup sequence with Wireshark but I can't see any writes to these
registers.

I was hoping that this would allow for reduced jitter analogue out as
that is alluded to in the documentation but I'm not sure if it is
supported for this particular module. Really I'm preparing to use an
oversampling module where it will be essential, if anyone has been able
to set up the distributed clocks and sync with one of those I would love
to hear about it.

James