[etherlab-users] Fieldbus Safety

Dr.-Ing. Wilhelm Hagemeister hm at igh-essen.com
Tue Nov 9 08:21:10 CET 2010

Hallo Newell,

for the configuration of the safety components we want to use the
already existing software of the slave vendor (e.g. TwinCAT from
Beckhoff). The configuration is stored in the slaves so you only have to
do the configuration process ones.

The task of the ethercat master is to just copy the "safety process
data" from one slave to another slave.
This has nothing to do with SIL 3, because we do not rewrite the
configuration software.

This is not really difficult. But we integrate it as soon as we need it
for our projects.

I think this will be in the next 3-5 month.

Regards

Wilhelm.