[etherlab-users] complete_sdo()

Andrej Mueller andrej.mueller at afpt.de
Tue Oct 19 13:44:24 CEST 2010

Hi,

I have some additional questions to the error messages. Can anybody say me where these messages to be generated (module or master)?

Further I get an advice from Christian Richter to look in the specifications of the complete_access function how the data should be prepared. Unfortunately we are not a member of ETG so we have no access to the EtherCAT knowledge base. Can anybody explain me please how the data have to be prepared for complete_sdo() function. What I mean is: the Object 0x8000 has more than 20 subindices which have different types, but the data should be an 8-Bit array. OK, I have to split values, but in which manner Big or Little-Endian? He also says that the first value in the array should be the length of the array, but he was not sure. Is this correct?? I'm sure there are many people who are using this function. Some hints would be helpful.

I also wrote this question to the Beckhoff support but without an answer up to now.

Thank you all.

Kind regards

Andrej Mueller

--
AFPT GmbH
Trinkbornstraße 15-17

Phone: +49 6747 950185-0 | Fax: +49 6747 950185-9 | Url: www.afpt.de

Amtsgericht Koblenz | HRB 20 638 | USt-IdNr. DE253125882
Geschäftsführer: Dr.-Ing. Patrick Kölzer, Frank-Andre Rittenbruch