[etherlab-users] EEPROM initial ESC Configuration

Newell Jensen pillar2012 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 20:13:46 CEST 2011

All,

We plan to implement our own EtherCAT Slave Controller (ESC) board and I am
wondering if I should be able to do the initial programming of the EEPROM
via the ESC ASIC?  I have scoured the documentation but still feel like I
don't know for sure whether or not I would be able to program the EEPROM's
ESC Configuration Area in the case that the ESC wasn't loaded properly.

Basically, just want to know if I have to flash the EEPROM chips first
before putting them on the board or if I can do the initial programming via
the EtherCAT Master?

Thanks,

--
Newell