[etherlab-users] (SECOND TIME) Further comment regarding "No such device"

Jeff Krasky jeff.krasky at dspcg.com
Wed Jul 20 19:13:13 CEST 2011

> There are built versions here for openSUSE 11.3, 11.4 and SLE 10 (which
> is your kernel version 2.6.16).
>
> The 2.6.16 one was patched by me for the SLE 10 rpm...

Are you saying that the 8139too that I have should be working?  Is it my
network card then?  The machine has 2 cards.  A PCI one, which I am trying
to use, and one on the motherboard.

Otherwise, one thing that I'd like to get past is why I couldn't compile on
this machine.  What I'd really like is to be pointed at a specific version
of Linux (i.e a link to download) and a version of EtherCAT for it that will
just compile and work right away.  No patching code, no modifying makefiles
or anything like that.  Is that possible?

Thanks,

Jeff