[etherlab-users] EtherCAT Hot-Connect with Beckhoff EK1101 and EK1501

Dieter.Schaffner at ids.de Dieter.Schaffner at ids.de
Mon Jun 6 14:02:23 CEST 2011

Hello to all,

we want to use the Hot-Connect functions of EtherCAT in conjunction with Beckhoff couplers EK1101 and EK1501 (fibre) and EtherLAB Master Stack. The couplers have ID switches to set the Hot-Connect Group-ID to address different network segments for later commissioning. In Register 0x1000 or PDO x6000:01 we can read the value of the ID switches (In Beckhoff Documentation so called "InputWord"). Now I am not sure how to handle the information in the EtherLAB stack. In Contrast to the Alias in Reg. 0x0012 it seems to me that I must handle all addressing and relative addressing of slaves in my own way?? Is this true or has anyone much more experience with these couplers and their behavior with the Group-ID identification.
P.S.: We take these couplers because there is no need of programming the EEPROM every time.

Best regards
Dieter Schaffner