[etherlab-users] EL9800 board ECAT and UART conflict?

Mladen Knezic mladen_knezic at etfbl.net
Sun Jun 19 16:09:42 CEST 2011

> I am using EL9800 evaboard. However, there's an error with my UART
> communication.
> I used UART2, and if I restart the board (power on/off), the program works.
> But for the next time, the EtherCAT communication does not work.

Which uC have you used? Is ESC connected to the uC over SPI or using 8/16-bit
parallel interface?

> I think
> this is because of the interrupt conflict between EtherCAT and UART.
> Can anyone explain me?

There can be only SPI interrupt that causing the problem and not EtherCAT
interrupt. There is no information about how system is configured, which
hardware was used and what application is run?

Mladen Knezic, MSc. E. E.
Research and Teaching Assistant
Faculty of Electrical Engineering
Banja Luka, Bosnia and Herzegovina