[etherlab-users] troubles reading sii from certain masters

Patrick Brunner Patrick.Brunner at syslogic.ch
Thu Mar 3 09:21:22 CET 2011

Hi Andreas

>First question, why do you use this outdated preempt rt kernel.
>You can use 2.33.11-rt30, runs very nice.

That's a valid question... Actually, I must not have been aware that
there's a newer release when I've downloaded 2.6.31.12-rt21. After
retrieving and installing 2.33.11-rt30, the problems were gone. I'm
still curious about why that same (outdated) release worked on the other
platform with the AMD Geode and Davicom Ethernetcontroller, as the
EtherCAT part should be abstracted from the underlying hardware when
using ec_generic. So I'm a little surprised that I was able to retrieve
the product code from the slave, but not the SII.

Anyway, as 2.6.33.11-rt30 seems to work though, I'm happy for the
moment. Thank you very much for the hint!

Best regards,

Patrick