[etherlab-users] Adapting 'user' example for FB1111-014x

Maarten Burghout m.m.burghout at student.utwente.nl
Sat May 14 08:33:11 CEST 2011

On 13-5-2011 23:57, Newell Jensen wrote:
> Maarten,
>
> Did you ever get this figured out?  I am doing an SPI PDI interface with
> the ESC right now as well and was wondering how it went for you.
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
>
> Newell

Hello Newell,

Yes I eventually managed to get my desired configuration, although it
did require me to write my own EEPROM content. Since TwinCAT proved
troublesome in this, I did it by hand using the specifications in ETG
1000.6*. To work the ET1100 without a statemachine on a slave
application (e.g. a microcontroller) I've put the ET1100 in Device
Emulation mode.

I would have to confess that my approach actually is not the proper way
to do so; only the Digital I/O variant of the FB1111-014x is designed to
operate stand-alone, others expect a somewhat intelligent application
connected to their PDI.

If you've got some specific questions I'll be glad to look into them in
the oncomming days.

Kind regards,
Maarten Burghout

* Mind you: there is an error in the documentation for PDO
configuration: Tx and Rx positions are switched. I asked Beckhoff about
this and they confirmed their error. Keep with the ETG 1000.6
specification, that one is correct!