[etherlab-users] install on non-PC

Richard Hacker ha at igh-essen.com
Wed Nov 30 16:52:05 CET 2011

Hi Jeff

> Can someone just tell me if it is 'make modules_install install' command
> that would do this?  If so, I'll try and figure out how to do it in this
> build environment.
YEP.
ethercat's "make modules_install" just calls the kernel's
make -C <kernel_dir> modules_install
which in turn installs the modules where it seems fit. You probably have a
build system separate from your target system. On your target you will have to
figure out how to get the etherlab kernel object where modprobe can find it.

Mit freundlichem Gruß

Richard Hacker

Richard Hacker M.Sc.
richard.hacker at igh-essen.com
Tel.: +49 201 / 36014-16

Ingenieurgemeinschaft IgH
Gesellschaft für Ingenieurleistungen mbH
Heinz-Bäcker-Str. 34
D-45356 Essen
Amtsgericht Essen HRB 11500
USt-Id.-Nr.: DE 174 626 722