[etherlab-users] Getting the slave position in the ring

Graeme Foot GraemeF at touchcut.com
Fri Oct 7 02:02:14 CEST 2011

Hi,

Is there a function that gets the absolute slave position on the ring
given a slave alias-position pair?

eg:

I'm reading a config file to initialize my slaves using the
"ecrt_master_slave_config" function (using the alias-position values).
I would then like to configure the slave with "ecrt_master_sdo_download"
(and other) calls, but this takes an absolute slave position.

At the moment I'm getting the master info to get the slave count
(ecrt_master), then iterating the slave info's (ecrt_master_get_slave)
and matching against the slaveInfo.alias.  (I also need to take count of
the alias position in case there's more than one slave with the alias.)

Unfortunately doing this at least once per slave is kind of expensive so
I'm looking for a better method.

Thanks,

Graeme.