[etherlab-users] Knowing when the packet has finished

Jeff Krasky jeff.krasky at dspcg.com
Thu Oct 20 15:38:41 CEST 2011

> Problem with your method? You are always one day behind. The enemy is
> moving in land, taking your city's one by one and you don't tell the
> president about it until the next day.

I always felt this was an inherent feature of cyclic protocols.  Other
cyclic protocols I've worked with have this characteristic.  Now, I'm not so
knowledgeable about direct I/O, but maybe that is what you want.  I can't
imagine things working out too well if you perform surgery on EtherCAT so
that it has some direct I/O characteristics.