[etherlab-users] ethercat + xenomai on arm926 cpu system

paluan.luca at tiscali.it paluan.luca at tiscali.it
Wed Aug 29 19:20:32 CEST 2012

Hello everyone,
I'm trying to develop a real time server on the arm
(arm926) cpu and on a real time linux with xenomai.
Unfortunatly even
the basic examples seem not to work on such a system: the real time
task is set to work with a 2ms period like the 2 servos connected to
the ethercat net (even though 1ms would definetly be the best).
With a
bare example I immediatly receive warning from ethercat master of
skipped frames and if the real task has to do something more the server
crashes...
I tried various compile time optimizations and  I tried to
give up with real time task using hrtimer without results.
My system is
using the generic ethernet driver too, but could anyone give me some
advice about whether the cpu power is enough to manage the ethercat
driver in a real time environment?
Thanks in advance, Best Regards Luca

Invita i tuoi amici e Tiscali ti premia! Il consiglio di un amico vale più di uno spot in TV. Per ogni nuovo abbonato 30 € di premio per te e per lui! Un amico al mese e parli e navighi sempre gratis: http://freelosophy.tiscali.it/