[etherlab-users] about issue e1000 driver

Jun Yuan j.yuan at rtleaders.com
Wed Dec 12 09:06:49 CET 2012

Hello 갑겸,

do you mean that you're developing a proprietary closed-source EtherCAT
Master besides the etherlab, but trying to use the NIC driver code from the
etherlab?

My old professor had told me once, if your software suddenly stops working,
it is always the cables to blame.

Since your linux kernel is 2.6.18 based, why not use the e1000 driver
2.6.18 but 2.6.20?

Regards,
Jun

On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 7:17 AM, 김갑겸 <kabdol2.kim at samsung.com> wrote:

> Hello, etherLab users.
>
> We are developing an EtherCAT Master, using a NIC(intel pro1000) with
> Montavista Linux.
> Our NIC driver is etherLab's and found some problems.
> The problem is that NIC can not recevie ethernet frames suddenly after
> working well for almost two days.
> Did someone else meet the similar problems?
>
> [ our system spec ]
> - CPU       : x86 ,Intel Atom N270 1.6GHz
> - NIC        : e1000(Intel 82541PI Gigabit Ethernet)
> - Kernel    : Montavista Pro5.0 (Linux 2.6.18 based)
> - NIC D/D : etherlab's e1000 driver (2.6.20)

Jun Yuan
[Aussprache: Djün Üän]

Robotics Technology Leaders GmbH
Am Loferfeld 58, D-81249 München
Tel: +49 89 189 0465 24
Mobile: +49 176 2176 5238
Fax: +49 89 189 0465 11
mailto: j.yuan at rtleaders.com

Umlautregel in der chinesischen Lautschrift Pinyin: Nach den Anlauten y, j,
q, und x wird u als ü ausgesprochen, z.B. yu => ü,  ju => dschü,  qu =>
tschü,  xu => schü.