[etherlab-users] EK1100+EL6614 configuration

Christian Corbeil cor-beil.cn at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 20 00:54:44 CET 2012

Hi,
I am new to the EtherCat world and I would need some help to achieve a simple task.
I have a Beckhoff EK1100 Bus Coupler  with a EL6614 switch port.  I am using Orchestra Suite on Ubuntu as the control computer with a network interface card with EtherCat drivers installed as a master.  The idea is to access other devices on the Ethernet network connected on the EL6614 thru the EK1100 EtherCat Coupler.  I succeeded to do so using Twincat on Windows but I need it to work on Linux (rev. 8.04) with Orchestra Designer v2.08.08 by Sintesi.
I would appreciate any advises or information for the configuration to be done on my setup (xmi & xmp files) and how to best use the Ethernet over EtherCat mailbox of the EL6614.
Thanks and regards,
Christian