[etherlab-users] Waiting for network receive?

Raz Ben Yehuda rbenyehuda at manz.com
Sun Jul 1 08:31:38 CEST 2012

I was looking at the code and they map the datagram directly to user
space and has a skb ring size of 2 frames. data cannot be available for
a re-write until it is acked by the interrupt completion of the ethernet
device.
You need to query the skb->users counter and check when it is
decremented back -- meaning when transmission complete takes place.

I believe the curretn design might cause problem in heavy traffic or in
preempt rt when the transmit complete threaded interrupt has a "too" low
priority.

http://raziebe.wix.com/ironspeedlinux#!Home/mainPage