[etherlab-users] Etherlab Licence and software which builds against it

Mike O'Connor mike at oeg.com.au
Wed Jul 25 09:50:09 CEST 2012

Hi Guys

For the last months, I've been working on a project to build a low level
interface to EtherCAT equipment using the EtherLab master code as a base.

I was about to put the code up on github and I realised that I had not
double checked the requirements for the license. We where looking to
release our code under a BSD like license as we are not running code in
the kernel and when we do it would still pass the results to a real time
user land process. (so the kernel code could be GPL)

But looking at EtherLab master license its under the GPL (not LGPL)
meanong (as I understand it) because we link with the code we would have
to release under GPL.

I do not have a problem with this but wanted to check before publishing
the code.

Thanks
Mike