[etherlab-users] Omron Servo Drive with Distributed Clocks

Henry Bausley hbausley at deltatau.com
Thu Mar 1 17:09:20 CET 2012

When using an Omron Servo Drive we are getting synchronization errors
reported from the drive .

Our code is bascially the dc_rtai example with the API rtos being a
little different.  We use xenomai and use a PowerPC 1Ghz w/ RTL8168
etherlabmaster 1.5 and operate based upon a H/W interrupt from a clock
that can have see ~20usec of worse case jitter.  Omron in Japan
currently has the drive what they report is as follows.