[etherlab-users] Hello....

John Martin jmartin at larraioz.com
Mon Mar 26 08:29:17 CEST 2012

Hello everybody,

My name name is John and I am looking for a open source for EtherCat.
Finally, I have found this site, EtherLab, where I have dowloaded a
EtherCat opensource code to use with Linux.

I have compiled and it works fine, only a few steps, load ec_master and
ec_8139too and it detected my Ethercat coupler. It clear that ec_master
use GPL license and to static link there is a LGLP license to do it.

But I have some a doubt about this opensource code:

1.- This EtherCat master is for testing purpose, or it is possible to
use it for comercial purpose?

"The license above concerns the source code only. Using the EtherCAT
technology and brand is only permitted in compliance with the industrial
property and similar rights of Beckhoff Automation GmbH
<http://beckhoff.com>."

What is mean?  Can I use it or I need to require a permission to us it ?

Best regards.

--
John Martin
Larraioz E.Ind.