[etherlab-users] Jitter when trying to use EtherLab Master at hard real-time 1 kHz under RT-PREEMPT

Matthieu Bec mbec at gmto.org
Tue Mar 6 02:12:35 CET 2012

Hello Soo-Hyun Yoo,

Here I have RT_PREEMPT (3.0.8-rt23), we dont use the ioctl interface as
provided by ethercat master, but a similar scheme so I was curious...
Anyways, setting up a simple mini-usr-rt.c that *does* use the etherlab
API was easy - a simple digital-out square wave @1kHz (2000Hz bus
speed), signal checked on a scope, shows very little jitter - 1us. or less.

Regards,
Matthieu

--
Matthieu Bec                GMTO Corp.
cell:  +1 626 354 9367      P.O. Box 90933