[etherlab-users] Distributed Clock with Yaskawa SGDV drives

Henry Bausley hbausley at deltatau.com
Thu Mar 8 20:57:54 CET 2012

Graeme,

  I have always called ecrt_master_activate in my xenomai kernel driver.
That same xenomai kernel driver has its cyclic loop running all the time
but waits for a flag indicating whether to start ethercat activity.

  I trigger the kernel driver call to ecrt_master_activate with a user
space application that makes an ioctl call to the xenomai kernel
driver.

  Using this methodology I don't have the "soft" to "hard" delay you
describe and have not ever seen the errors you described with the SGDV.
Also I always enable the drive when in cyclic mode ie. index 6040  =
0x80 -> 6 -> 7 -> 15 .