[etherlab-users] [etherlab-dev] Datagram SKIPPED x Times

Andreas Stewering-Bone ab at igh-essen.com
Thu Mar 22 14:09:58 CET 2012

Hello Mike,

You can use this boxes with the Intel Chipset.

But what do you want to do,

control a mechanical system, you will need cylcletimes about 1kHz

mechanical measuring, max 4kHz I think

also with an atom board you can reach max up to 10 kHz, but this depends
on your software.

You said, you build up an userspace example.
Did you check on overruns in the software (latency of the system)?

Greatings

Andreas

Am 22.03.2012 13:11, schrieb Mike O'Connor:
> Hi Andreas
>
> On 22/03/12 7:30 PM, Andreas Stewering-Bone wrote:
>
>> Hello Mike
>>
>> Please use ether etherlab-user mailing list for such things.
>>
> I did and got no response and it was holding up our project to develop
> an open source system which uses an event/state design without having to
> use the upper level tools in the Etherlab system. (nothing against the
> Etherlab system but it is just to complicated for our needs)
>
> Thanks for the information, wish I had known this earlier as I have all
> ready purchased some sweet 6 port atom embedded boxes for the project.
>
> O well, live and learn.
>
> Mike

Mit freundlichem Gruß

Andreas Stewering-Bone

Dipl.-Ing.(FH) Andreas Stewering-Bone
andreas.stewering-bone at igh-essen.com
Tel.: +49 201 / 36014-15

Ingenieurgemeinschaft IgH
Gesellschaft für Ingenieurleistungen mbH
Heinz-Bäcker-Str. 34
D-45356 Essen
Amtsgericht Essen HRB 11500
USt-Id.-Nr.: DE 174 626 722