[etherlab-users] Slave RxPDOs exchange problem

Jun Yuan j.yuan at rtleaders.com
Tue Nov 20 12:02:51 CET 2012

Hi Olivier,

well, can you specify the meaning of "can't read/write RxPDOS"?

in your code, you read the EPOS3_0_Control_Word, which shows 0x00. It looks
fine, as you didnot set the value to anything else. So you CAN read RxPDO
EPOS3_0_Control_Word. And by default it is 0x00. What did you expect?

printk(KERN_INFO PFX
"RxPDOs*********************************************************************
\n");
status=EC_READ_U16(domain1_pd + EPOS3_0_Control_Word);
printk(KERN_INFO PFX "Robotics => Cyclic_task=>EPOS3_0 Control Word =
%d \n",status);

And you've tried to set EPOS3_0_Target_Torque to 0,

EC_WRITE_S16(domain1_pd + EPOS3_0_Target_Torque,0);

So you know how to write a RXPDO. Everything look fine. I didn't see you
write any other RxPDOs, so why did you say you can't read/write them? Where
is exactly the problem?

Best Regards,
Jun

On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 10:40 AM, Olivier Tempier
<olivier.tempier at lirmm.fr>wrote:

> Hello,
> I try to use an maxon EPOS3 driver with igh ethercat library.
> I wrote a test code in c, all seems ok. I don't see any message error in
> debug file.
> But i can't read/write RxPDOS and i don't see why... I have no problem to
> read TXPDOs...
> I join debug file and my source file.
> I'm on this problem for a week, i'm starting to go crazy :p
> Please, If someone could help me?
> Regards
> Oliver TEMPIER

Jun Yuan
[Aussprache: Djün Üän]

Robotics Technology Leaders GmbH
Am Loferfeld 58, D-81249 München
Tel: +49 89 189 0465 24
Mobile: +49 176 2176 5238
Fax: +49 89 189 0465 11
mailto: j.yuan at rtleaders.com

Umlautregel in der chinesischen Lautschrift Pinyin: Nach den Anlauten y, j,
q, und x wird u als ü ausgesprochen, z.B. yu => ü,  ju => dschü,  qu =>
tschü,  xu => schü.