[etherlab-users] Etherlab 2.0 installation results

Jürgen Kunz kunz at sim.tu-darmstadt.de
Mon Feb 11 12:06:46 CET 2013

Hello Victor,

your 2nd issue can be solved if the path to ecrt.h is included when you
compile your model. After you compile and install the ethercat master,
it is usually located in /opt/etherlab, so you need to include
/opt/etherlab/include as Include-directory to the compiler and also the
/opt/etherlab/lib as link-directory to the linker. You also need to link
your models to the 'ethercat' library (/opt/etherlab/lib/libethercat.so).

Regards,
Jürgen

Am 11.02.2013 11:50, schrieb V.I.Sluiter at utwente.nl:

> Hello All,
>
> I'm a new Etherlab user, and trying to get an Etherlab setup working.
> I've installed Etherlab 2, and would like to share two issues I found:
>
> 1)      During the installation of commoncpp I got an error  'mkfifo
> not found'. After googling a bit I found this thread:
> http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-voip-maintainers/2012-May/021159.html
> . After inserting #include <sys/stat.h> in applog.h I could compile
> the sources.
>
> 2)      My other issue is not solved yet: somehow I get an error that
> ecrt.h cannot be found while building my model; Have I forgotten to
> install something? You can see the log here:
> http://pastebin.com/apC99nCx
>
> Greetings,
>
> Victor

Dipl.-Inform. Jürgen Kunz

Technische Universität Darmstadt <http://www.tu-darmstadt.de>
FG Simulation, Systemoptimierung und Robotik
<http://www.sim.tu-darmstadt.de>
Hochschulstr. 10
64289 Darmstadt

Tel.: ++49 (0) 6151-16-70383