[etherlab-users] distributed clock offset ?

Yan Prochazka jprochazka at persimmontech.com
Fri Jan 25 19:17:36 CET 2013

Hello Everybody!

we currently use 1.5.0 version of EtherCAT master and Distributed Clock
enabled slaves. Our application runs in user space and uses ecrt.h. DC
synchronization seems to work perfectly, SYNC0 on all slaves and our
application is kept in sync nicely, BUT how could I get, in my
application, the absolute time offsets between time passed cyclically to
ecrt_master_application_time() and absolute time of a particular slave
when SYNC0 pulse is generated ?

basically, there are an event generated on the slave at arbitrary time,
I can get slave time of that event, but I need *somehow* match that
slave time with SYNC0 time occurrence and with my application time.
Therefore I need to know offsets between my application time and SYNC0
absolute times on the slaves.

Does anybody have any ideas or at least hints where and what to look for ?

Thanks a lot,
Jan Prochazka