[etherlab-users] Cross Compile for ARM

Thomas Bitsky Jr tbj at automateddesign.com
Thu Jun 27 03:40:46 CEST 2013

I'm trying to cross-compile the EtherCAT master for an ARM board. I successfully built a Linux RT Prempt kernel for the device.  On my development machine, the source tree where I built the kernel is at: ~/srcroot/linux/linux-3.2.46

I moved into the EtherLAB directory and issued:

./configure --host=arm-linux --enable-generic --with-linux-dir=~/srcroot/linux/linux-3.2.46

The result is:

No configured Linux kernel sources in ~/srcroot/linux/linux-3.2.46/

But I just built a kernel there. Is there something I have to do to the source tree to get it ready to build the ethercat master?

Thanks in advance,
Tome