[etherlab-users] R: SDO stress

paluan.luca at tiscali.it paluan.luca at tiscali.it
Thu May 23 12:10:02 CEST 2013

Hello,
I've been struggling with Sdo write since 3 mounths without a
solution up to now.
I wrote a stress test which writes and reads what
written on three Sdo for three Servos in a preemptive real time loop:

after some hours of work the application hangs and the ethercat master
shows a download/upload Sdo Timeout error problem.
I've checked that
only one read or one write takes place at a time, for example:
start
write SDO1 for first servo
end write SDO1 for first servo
start read
SDO1 for first servo
end read SDO1 for first servo
start write SDO2 for
first servo
end write SDO2 for first servo
start read SDO2 for first
servo
end read SDO2 for first servo
start write SDO1 for second
servo
end write SDO1 for second servo
start read SDO1 for second servo

end read SDO1 for second servo
start write SDO2 for second servo
end
write SDO2 for second servo
start read SDO2 for second servo
end read
SDO2 for second servo
So each write doesn't overlap each read for
each servo.
As far as I know managing Sdo inside real time loop is not
reliable: I mean it usually works, but for a software which manages
Servos is not enough.
If someone has advices or suggestions is welcome.

Best Regards, Luca Paluan