[etherlab-users] Problems with Pdo entry with index 0x0000

Florian Pose fp at igh.de
Tue Nov 5 17:48:03 CET 2013

Hello,

On Tue, Nov 05, 2013 at 04:36:26PM +0100, Richard Hacker wrote:
> I understand your problem when registering gaps. Actually the code
> in the ethercat master does not do the right thing by testing on
> index. Actually it should be testing for reg->bit_position instead.
> I will communicate this with the developer.

sorry Richard. I have to be contradictory. ;-)

Please let me clarify this: There should be no gaps in the list passed
to ecrt_domain_reg_pdo_entry(), because gaps are no actual PDO entries
and can not be uniquely identified via PDO entry index and
subindex, and thus can not be registered.

Note that gaps are perfectly valid in context of the PDO configuration
(see ecrt_slave_config_pdos() and friends).

Best regards,
Florian