[etherlab-users] Data logging service dropping data

Johnathan Van Why jrvanwhy at gmail.com
Fri Sep 6 04:33:07 CEST 2013

We have been benchmarking EtherLab (we're considering switching to it
as our robot control system), and have noticed that the Data Logging
Service has been dropping data. We created over 100 independent
sources in a Simulink model, deployed to EtherLab, and logged all
sources at 1 kHz (over 400 KB/s total).

After looking at the log data, we noticed that a significant amount of
data was dropped. Every 15 minutes, the time variable would jump by 3
minutes; the total data we collected was significantly less than we
expected for the duration of the run.

Is this a known issue? Are we asking too much of the Data Logging
Service? Is there anything we can try in order to obtain reliable
logging at this data rate?

Thank you for any help,
Johnathan Van Why
Dynamic Robotics Laboratory