[etherlab-users] Brushless DC Motor Controllers

Dave Scheinman online at thesemite.com
Thu Jan 2 21:11:18 CET 2014

After much fumbling around I've successfully managed to get Etherlab up
and running and talking to a Beckhoff EK1100 with some Digital and
Analog I/O.  Ultimately I would like to use Ethercat to control some
brushless motors.

Companies like Advanced Motion Control and Elmo make Ethercat drives in
the current/voltage range I am interested, but I am open to other
suggestions.  Does the Etherlab community have a suggestion on which
vendor's drives will provide the most seamless integration with Etherlab?

The Beckhoff hardware has pre-made Simulink blocks provided with
Etherlab but I am unclear how to go about creating these blocks for an
arbitrary servo drive.  Is this documented somewhere?

Thanks!
~dave