[etherlab-users] etherlab dc sync check

Jun Yuan j.yuan at rtleaders.com
Mon Jan 6 11:21:18 CET 2014

Hi Graeme,

It is a great pleasure to hear from you. Your original patch helped me a
lot, as I once  suffered from the jitter of the master, too. And I sent a
Email to the mailing list
http://lists.etherlab.org/pipermail/etherlab-users/2013/002026.html,
pointing out another little problem in the original patch, which still
exits in the Etherlab master 1.5.2. I hope Florian would merge those
patches into the repository soon.

Thank you for supporting my thought that the master calculates an incorrect
initial time.

As Jereon pointed out, it's strange that the convergence time would depend
on the number of slaves. I feel the same. Although the master initialises
one slave at a time, the function ecrt_master_sync_slave_clocks() send
those sync datagrams all the time since the user loop starts. I think the
log from the master might make it look like that all the slave are synced
once at a time, but the sync process(drift compensation) is carried out for
all the slaves all the time in the background. Am I right?

Thanks again for all the help you offered.

Jun