[etherlab-users] Syntax error by starting dls (data logging service)

Ralph Oosterveld r.n.oosterveld at student.utwente.nl
Mon Jun 23 17:01:43 CEST 2014

Hello Florian,

My bash version:
$ bash --version
GNU bash, version 4.2.45(1)-release (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu)
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html

I've changed the first line from the dls-file to "/bin/bash", now its going
through the syntax error. But now I got the next command.

$ sudo /etc/init.d/dls start
Starting DLS Daemon
/etc/init.d/dls: line 131: startproc: command not found failed

My system is running Linux Mint Debian, how do I use the ' proc'  command
or something similar to start the program.

Regards,
Ralph Oosterveld