[etherlab-users] Error reassigning removed PDO

Jun Yuan j.yuan at rtleaders.com
Fri May 30 18:24:03 CEST 2014

Hi Gavin,

I have a gift for you. The attached patch should make your scenario with
different PDOs of interest in different apps working. The problem was that
the master always makes the last PDO assign in SyncManager as the default
PDO assign, and it don't remember any older PDO assignment. I made a patch
to get a memory for the PDO mappings, and it always merge the new PDO
mapping list into the old list, instead of throw the old list away. It
remembers things.

It is still not so smart like you said to fetch the PDO assign using their
index via CoE automatically. I don't know if it's a good idea for the
master to do it blindly. The question is when should the master fetch it.
If the master fetches all the PDO mappings during the bus scan, isn't that
a waste of time, because most of the time we don't need all of them? If
fetch it when needed, the master needs to call several
ecrt_master_sdo_upload() in the function ecrt_slave_config_pdos() to fetch
the mapping, which makes the code quite ugly. And actually the app can do
it itself, and then provides the correct default PDO mapping to the master.

Hope you enjoy it!

Regards,
Jun

Jun Yuan
[Aussprache: Djün Üän]

Robotics Technology Leaders GmbH
Am Loferfeld 58, D-81249 München
Tel: +49 89 189 0465 24
Fax: +49 89 189 0465 11
mailto: j.yuan at rtleaders.com

Umlautregel in der chinesischen Lautschrift Pinyin: Nach den Anlauten y, j,
q, und x wird u als ü ausgesprochen, z.B. yu => ü,  ju => dschü,  qu =>
tschü,  xu => schü.