[etherlab-users] ./configure error

Jun Yuan j.yuan at rtleaders.com
Thu Oct 30 11:11:31 CET 2014

Hi wuybit,

don't worry. /etc/sysconfig is only for etherlab. Yes, just create the
directory /etc/sysconfig first, and then copy the config file into it.

You're not using a SUSE Linux, so 'insserv ethercat' won't work.It is a
Debian Linux. You may follow my command list

$ sudo ln -s /opt/etherlab/etc/init.d/ethercat /etc/init.d/ethercat
$ sudo cp -r /opt/etherlab/etc/sysconfig/ /etc/
$ sudo ln -s /opt/etherlab/bin/ethercat /usr/local/bin/ethercat
$ sudo bash -c "echo KERNEL==\"EtherCAT[0-9]*\", MODE=\"0664\" >
/etc/udev/rules.d/99-EtherCAT.rules"

And don't forget to edit the config file /etc/sysconfig/ethercat to specify
the correct MAC address and the driver module.

After that, you can try to start the EtherCAT master:
$ sudo /etc/init.d/ethercat start

And if you want the ethercat service starts automatically after the system
boots:
$ sudo update-rc.d -f ethercat defaults 90

Regards,
Jun