[etherlab-users] Problem with BeckHoff EL4038 Terminal.

Doga doga1991 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 26 17:17:50 CET 2015

Hey everyone,
I'm working on OpenSUSE 13.1 x64 with MATLAB R2014b.
I have installed and configured everything in accordance with the following guideline;
http://www.symbitron.eu/wiki/index.php?title=EtherLab_Installation

In the Terminal screen when I type "sudo ethercat slaves" to reveal the connected hardwares, I get the following response, which is what I expect;

0  0:0  PREOP  +  EK1101 EtherCAT-Koppler (2A E-Bus, ID-Switch)
1  0:1  PREOP  +  EL4038 8K. Ana. Ausgang +/-10V, 12bit

So, my master module is BeckHoff EK 1101 and its master id is 0 and slave id is also 0. Likewise another module connected to EK1101, which is an analog output module named EL4038, has the master id of 0 and slave id of 1

I have created a simulink file. Configured everything according to above mentioned guideline, such as code generation options and other things.

I have EK1101 infrastructure module on my model, which was provided in the etherlab_lib. I also copied the EL4002 analog I/O module from the same library to my simulink file and configured it as EL4038 from "Device Model" option.

I set the master and slave indexes of both models accordingly.
I connected a "Constant" block, which outputs value of "1" and this is connected to input port of EL4038 module.
When I build the model, there is no error or something. When I run the model, it runs. However I do not read any voltage on the EL4038 module's output pin when I measure it with a multimeter.

Under help section of EL4xxx module it is written that the maximum input ranges from -1 to 1 for bipolar terminals. Any value over the range is saturated. However, I get no voltage from my analog output module at all.

I appreciate any kind of help.All the best.