[etherlab-users] EtherLab with Omron Accurax PREOP-> OP fail

Fredriek Vanneste fredriek.vanneste at student.kuleuven.be
Thu May 7 15:59:44 CEST 2015

Dear EtherLab users,

Does anyone of you have experience with EtherLab and Omron Accurax G5
drive-motor combination?
(drive: R88D-KN20F-ECT, Motor: R88M-K2K030C-S2)
I have some experience with an EtherCat bus coupler and some modules, but
not with this kind of setup.
The EtherCAT master 1.5.2 is running on Linux 14.10 and Xenomai 2.6.1.
Using this EtherCAT-capable drive with Etherlab, I'm having trouble to go
from "PREOP" state to "OP" state.
The drive is directly connected to the pc with an Ethernet cable.
I have connection with the drive because I can read (e.g. encoder position)
and write using SDO messages from the command line.
I have also tried to run the drive with CX-drive software on Windows and
this is working fine.
The "sudo ethercat states OP"-command results in the slave going from PREOP
+ state to PREOP E state, meaning there is an error.
To run my program I need PDO communication, but I understand that it is not
possible in "PREOP" state.
Do I need extra software, hardware, or just a different approach?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kind regards,
Fred