[etherlab-users] EtherLab with Omron Accurax PREOP-> OP fail

Gavin Lambert gavinl at compacsort.com
Fri May 8 10:25:58 CEST 2015

On 8 May 2015 02:37, quoth Fredriek Vanneste:
> Something else I forgot to mention before is that the Omron Drive gives an
> error message when I try to go to "OP" state, saying:
> Communication Setting Error.
[...]
> [  185.205688] EtherCAT 0: Using slave 0 as DC reference clock.
> [  210.095697] EtherCAT ERROR 0-0: Failed to set SAFEOP state, slave
refused
> state change (PREOP + ERROR).
> [  210.095742] EtherCAT ERROR 0-0: AL status message 0x0028:
> "Synchronization not supported".
> [  210.095889] EtherCAT 0-0: Acknowledged state PREOP.

It looks like you're just doing this at the command line, without an
application running.  In this case you'll need to put a different slave as
the first slave.  Currently Etherlab will try to bring the reference clock
to OP without configuring it, and this particular slave apparently doesn't
like that.  The only solution is to put a slave that's ok with this (such as
an EK1100) as the first one instead.  (I've submitted a patch to disable
this behaviour but I'm not sure if it's been integrated yet; certainly it's
not on the stable branch.)

If the same thing occurs when you try to run your application code, then you
need to check that you're calling ecrt_slave_config_dc and passing it the
correct parameters (as specified by the slave vendor).

Note that you won't be able to use "ethercat states" to bring the slave to
OP or to exchange PDOs via command line -- both of those tasks require a
proper application.