[etherlab-users] Generate SII binaries from ESI file?

Christoph Schroeder christoph.schroeder at helmholtz-berlin.de
Thu Apr 21 12:59:48 CEST 2016

Hi All,

we need to generate a binary file for the SII from an existing ESI xml
file. I read that TwinCAT is capable of doing this, but we would prefer
to use free software under Linux. Is there any tool you would suggest?
Background: we are evaluating the Microchip LAN9252 which can be
operated in 2 modes: Digital IO or SPI. Digital IO is preconfigured, now
we want to test the SPI mode which needs another configuration (both ESI
files are available). We will use the IgH EtherCAT-Master to write the
configuration to the EEPROM.

Thanks,
Christoph

Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie GmbH

Mitglied der Hermann von Helmholtz-Gemeinschaft Deutscher Forschungszentren e.V.

Aufsichtsrat: Vorsitzender Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. mult. Joachim Treusch, stv. Vorsitzende Dr. Beatrix Vierkorn-Rudolph
Geschäftsführung: Prof. Dr. Anke Rita Kaysser-Pyzalla, Thomas Frederking

Sitz Berlin, AG Charlottenburg, 89 HRB 5583

Postadresse:
Hahn-Meitner-Platz 1
D-14109 Berlin

http://www.helmholtz-berlin.de