[etherlab-users] Detect the loss of EtherCAT communication

Christoph Schroeder christoph.schroeder at helmholtz-berlin.de
Mon Jun 20 11:39:34 CEST 2016

Hi All,

is there any other way for a slave to detect a failure of EtherCAT
communication besides the syncmanager watchdogs  e.g. connection loss
between 2 slaves or a failure of the user application? The syncmanager
watchdog only works for buffered mode but not for mailbox mode which has
acyclic communication.
Background: our slaves will use mainly mailbox communication (VoE) which
is most suitable for our purpose. We solved this problem by introducing
a status byte as PDO which also has a watchdog configured. I am still
eager to know if there is some other possibility for a slave to detect
missing EtherCAT communication.

Thanks and best regards,
Christoph

Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie GmbH

Mitglied der Hermann von Helmholtz-Gemeinschaft Deutscher Forschungszentren e.V.

Aufsichtsrat: Vorsitzender Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. mult. Joachim Treusch, stv. Vorsitzende Dr. Beatrix Vierkorn-Rudolph
Geschäftsführung: Prof. Dr. Anke Rita Kaysser-Pyzalla, Thomas Frederking

Sitz Berlin, AG Charlottenburg, 89 HRB 5583

Postadresse:
Hahn-Meitner-Platz 1
D-14109 Berlin

http://www.helmholtz-berlin.de