[etherlab-users] using thermocouple el3318

Richard Hacker ha at igh.de
Thu Mar 3 10:38:55 CET 2016

Hello

not working is quite a general term. There are about a million ways of
getting the thing "not to work" and only a handful to get it "to work".

You must be more specific:
1) is it in OP (ethercat sl)
2) what is the configuration (ethercat config -v)
3) what does the master say (dmesg)
4) increase debugging and check dmesg (ethercat debug 1)

Attached is the (modified) code how EtherLab would configure it. Try to
apply this configuration to your setup. I do not claim that this
configuration is tested, it is just a hint.

Note that the slave has an input (RxPDO). Some slaves will not go into
OP if the input is not configured even though you don't use it!

- Richard